Sunday, November 7, 2010

Honors English at a Glance

So far, I have really enjoyed Honors English throughout the year. Sometimes I procrastinate, and wait to do my blog and discussion question as I am doing now. I liked reading The Chosen, because it probably isn't the kind of book I would usually read. I thought the way Reb Saunders raised his son Danny was definitely not the best way, but that was what was required to become that kind of Rabbi. Reuven was a great character, and was very admirable. Even though Danny was different he was interesting. I thought Reuven's father, who was also a Rabbi was the most kind and peaceful character throughout the whole book. 

The writing contest was fun, because I got the opportunity to write a poem about tennis. It was mainly about how together we can rely on each other to win this match. Even though it was a tad cheesy, I had a good time writing it. 

This term I have decided to enter two writing contests, and just read one book. Last term I had trouble finishing up the book in time. I am super excited to read Pride and Prejudice, because it is my mom's favorite book. She has wanted me to read it for a while, and I have somehow never got around to it. The movie is great, and I just hope the book can be close to that good. Mr. Darcy is about as grumpy as they come, but throughout the story he has a change of heart. The writing contests are easier for me, because they don't take up as much time. I would maybe like to write a fictional story this time, because they are more challenging for me. I have figured out that my mind is pretty pathetic when it comes to making things up and imagination. I really need to work on  that, because a lot of times I need ideas and I come up with nothing.

So my piano teacher has to get surgery, and so I don't have to take piano again until January. Usually, I never practice and my teacher is frustrated with me each week. Now that I am not forced to practice I actually enjoy it . I like to just sit down, and start thumbing through books and plunking out the notes. Knowing myself, right when my lessons start up again I won't have this desire to practice anymore. I did however get asked to play a solo for my church at the end of November. Since it is after Thanksgiving, I figured I could play a Christmas song. I have decided to play "What Child is This?." I've practiced the song quite a bit, and I should be ready in time. 

This weekend I stayed overnight with my sister at BYU, and she basically told me that I am going to be impossible to live with. I sure hope I can change some habits by then, or else I'm going to be in big trouble with my roommates. The college atmosphere is so much different than Junior High. It's really funny to see how much people grow up, and do better in school because they have to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment