Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!

We have finally reached my favorite time of year! Christmas fills me with the most amazing feeling, and I wouldn't trade that "Christmas Cheer" for anything in the world. I love how everyone is so much happier when it comes to the holidays. People spend more time going out of their way to help people out, and give gifts to one another. Even the snow is great around Christmas time. Snuggling up in a warm blanket with hot cocoa, and watching all the wonderful holiday season movies. One of my favorites is called "Holiday Inn." It has great music, and is one of the cheesiest movies you have ever watched. I don't care though, because it puts me in the Christmas mood, and makes me cheery. Christmas music seems to make all the bad things of the world go away, because it is so catchy and fun. 

Our house is already filled with every decoration possible. We wake up bright and early on the day after Thanksgiving to take out all of the things we haven't seen since the year before. There is garland with berries and pine cones down all the banisters, and along the hearths. Poinsettia flowers are in every space possible, and then holly berries are everywhere! Each window has a wreath with two candles beneath it, so at night all you can see are the lights on the house, and the candles. We also have little singing penguins, and snowmen that burst into song every time you press the button. I love being in my house around Christmas time, because it always smells like cinnamon, and there is just a warm cheer in the air. 

I know all of this sounds incredibly cheesy and over the top, but I really do enjoy the holiday time of year. It always ends up being so short, and so I try to make the most of it while it is here. Our family does a Sub-for-Santa family each year for a family in need. We also like to do the "12 days of Christmas." For a family that lives near us. Christmas makes me realize all the things that I have, and how blessed we truly are to live where we live.

Something that I thought was really funny was this "Blizzard of the Century" that was supposed to be coming our way. The news reporters made it sound like it truly was going to be the end of the world, and it obviously wasn't. There was a blizzard today that was just as bad, or maybe even worse than the one on Tuesday. They canceled almost every school activity possible. Even at the end of school, Mr. Davis came onto the intercom to tell us that we needed to get home and out of the building as soon as possible. I was so excited to be inside and watch the snow land on the ground, and then by about 6:00 it was over. Oh well, I guess it will be a good memory to have. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment