Wednesday, October 13, 2010

UEA

I can't even tell you how much I want to go give a  hug to the person who came up with UEA! I am in need of a break from school in a very bad way. I have been super stressed, and I am so relieved that I don't have to think about school for four whole days!

My friend Ashley even had the idea to go to "Stress Management" with Mrs. Turneau for intervention...it's been that stressful. Most of it is coming from math because we have two tests within a week. The first I did pretty badly on, so I need t do better on this next one. UEA will also give me an opportunity to play volleyball. I need to get a lot of touches on the ball before tryouts which are on November ninth and eleventh.

So I have decided to play volleyball this year, and who knows what I will be doing next season. Over the break our family is going to have somewhat of a "staycation." In other words, we are going to stay at home but do a lot of fun things. We are going to go to a BYU volleyball game on Saturday, we are also going to go shopping. Everyone in our family got to choose one thing that they would like to do, and my little brother chose to go to the zoo. Not exactly my idea of a fun time, but I will try to have fun. My dad chose to work out in the yard for three hours, and work on the rock wall. In my backyard we have this wall that is about three feet wide and three feet tall that surrounds our grass. It is a pain to work on and build, but the actual wall looks pretty dang cool. My mom refers to herself and all of the kids as the "unskilled laborers." My dad is the person who actually performs the process of building the wall, and the rest of us are only responsible for gathering the rocks from the dirt hill behind our house. That should definitely be the most fun part of my weekend for sure.

I have decided that I love spending time with my family even though half the time we would secretly like to kill each other. I really do love them, and I need to show it more often. I am so excited for this weekend, and sadly I think a lot of it will be spent doing homework. I have a project due in biology on Tuesday that I need to start. Also, I have tests in algebra 2 and geography.

My friend and I have decided that over UEA we need to watch the whole movie "Pride and Prejudice." The whole movie is about five hours, but it is totally worth it. The movie is great and I plan on reading the book by the time this year is over. Elizabeth Bennett is one of my many heroes because she is so independent. I hope everyone's UEA is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment