Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Family

Whenever people figure out that I am from Utah, the first question they ask is always, "How many kids are in your family?" In response, I answer six kids and I leave the person in shock. Yes, I know that six is a big number, but it can also be a ton of fun! I'll start off with my dad, and then go from oldest to youngest. My dad is a great guy, and most of the time I just take it for granted, not realizing how great he is. He has always supported in me in everything I do, no matter what it is. Whether it's sports or big choices, he always stays with me. My mom is very similar in the fact that she is very supporting and loving. She is a great listener, and I always have enough for her to hear. Even when she gets tired of my chattering she just smiles and goes right on listening. She uses her time so well which results in her being a very productive person, and she always gets things done when she says she will. My mom is one of the most unselfish people I know, so she is constantly doing kind things for others. When one of our neighbors is having a hard time she is the first person to ask what she can do to help that person out. Next, my sister Maren is my oldest sibling and we definitely have our ups and downs. But no matter what, I will always love her. She just recently turned 20 years old, and for some reason that sounds so old. She is currently going to school at BYU, and she loves everything about it. Because she has so much fun down there, she rarely comes and visits us back at home. But coincidently she is staying with us right now, along with her boyfriend from Hawaii. A lot of the time we disagree, well actually most of the time, but we still have loads of fun together. The next one down the line is my brother Spencer who is one of the peacemakers in our house. He is a junior at Davis High right now, and is super excited for me to be there with him next year...not exactly. Spencer is very quiet, but he definitely has his moments where he just needs to let it out and go a little crazy. He is a tennis player also, and he plays doubles on the school team. We get a little competitive with eachother when it comes to ping-pong, but don't worry we're always safe. Next there's me, who is smack dab in the middle. I always figure out ways to make sure our house has a little excitement. My little sister Sammy is about as sweet as they come, well most of the time that is. She is called our second mom or nanny around the house because she always knows whats going on. She can't wait to have kids of her own, and I know she will make a great mom. Sammy likes to ride horses, and has gotten really good at it. Then there is Jack, and when you here that name it pretty much describes his personality. You can't do anything but love Jack, because when he shows you that little innocent smile it somehow just makes you feel better about life. Playing football, basketball, and baseball he is quite the athlete. Kate is the youngest of the family, and she loves every secon of it. She truly believes that she is a princess even though she turned 7 years old today. She is not so sweet all the time, she as a cry that will make the windows shatter and our whole family to take cover. You wouldn't never say that my family is the perfect, ideal, and functioning family, but we have fun together and love eachother no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment