Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

This week for our discussion question, we were asked to tell what our New Year's Resolutions are going to be. I thought that I would expand and go into more detail about my goals for this upcoming year.

First, I would like to start keeping a journal. I shoot for this almost every year, but this year I would really like to start getting in the habit of doing it. My plan to help me do this is to set apart time everyday to write in my journal, so that it will become a habit. I love reading my parent's journals, so I try to write down a few things that I think will be important to my kids.

Next, I am going to try and be more organized with school. I have a planner, and I sometimes take it to classes with me. I just forget to write things down in it, so I just stop using them. All of my friends that use them say that it helps them to keep up with their homework, and they never miss due dates. I come home a lot of times thinking that I don't have any homework, and then I will remember when I get to school. This forces me to use my homeroom time to finish up assignments, when I really need the time to read. Procrastination is my biggest weakness, and I am really trying hard not to put things off until the last minute. For example, this break I waited to do all my homework until today. I have been really stressed today, and it would have helped if I had spread it out over the two weeks. I know that using a planner, and not procrastinating would help me in school, and I hope I can really follow up on this goal for the rest of the year.

Another thing I would like to get better at is being more positive about things that happen to me, and always trying to look on the bright side. I wouldn't call myself a negative person, but sometimes I find that I make things seem so horrible when there really are many positive things about the situation. Being more positive would help be a happier person, and that is what I am shooting for.

I have a giant list of books that I would like to plow through this year. I am hoping that I can make it a habit to read for at least a half hour each day. I love to read, but often times I save it for right when I go to bed, and I fall asleep. Maybe this year, I could read for a while directly after I get home from school. This way I wouldn't be too tired to read. I want to finish up the Harry Potter series, and read more Jane Austen books. I am liking Pride and Prejudice so far, and hope to finish it up here pretty quickly.

I hope that I can follow up on these New Year's Resolutions, and really make them happen in throughout the year 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment