Monday, January 31, 2011

Computer Tech Essay

I decided to take Computer Tech during the second semester of this school year. I thought I should do this so that I don't have to take it at the end of my senior year because I completely spaced it in previous years. The class isn't too bad except for the timings that we have to complete by midterm and the end of the term. We did a timing at the beginning of the semester to see where we stood. I wasn't thinking about how we had to improve, and so I went as fast as I could. I now have the problem of not being able to boost my words per minute. I hope I can solve this problem by practicing typing at home. In Computer Tech, we study computer programs in sections. Right now we are doing the Computer Basics unit. For extra credit, we could write an essay on a person who has changed the world of computers. I decided to do this, because I am assuming I will need the extra credit later on when I don't improve on my timings. This is my essay that I wrote about Steve Jobs, the creator of Apple.


Steve Jobs
          Think about waking up every morning and knowing that you have millions of dollars from your accomplishments. Steve Jobs wakes up with this feeling every morning. Steve Jobs has made endless contributions to the world of computers and technology. He has made his mark and will never be forgotten. He is the CEO of the Apple Computer company, he has participated in Disney Animated Pixar, and he has received many important honors for his accomplishments.
          First, Steve Jobs is the Primary Chief Executive Officer of the Apple Company. He was one of the co-creators of the company starting back in the late 1970s. In the early 1980s, he and his co-workers created the Apple II. This Macintosh, created by Apple, was a huge breakthrough in the computer world because it was a mouse-driven computer. He left Apple in 1984 because of a struggle with the board of directors. The company was bought out, and this brought Jobs back into the company.
          Next, Steve Jobs has also contributed his talents to the world of Disney. Pixar made many great movies in the 1990s and the early 2000s, but in 2004 Pixar's contract with Disney was almost up. Steve Jobs stepped in and Disney ended up buying Pixar for $7.4 billion dollars. Jobs is now Disney's biggest shareholder with 7% share in stocks. He continues to help with Pixar's movies, and he earns a lot of money from his contributions to the company.
          Last, Jobs has won many great awards for his accomplishments. He was named the most powerful person in business by Fortune Magazine. He also received the Nation Medal of Technology by the president Ronald Reagan along with the co-creators of Apple. Jobs was named person of the year by Financial Times in 2010. Jobs has earned many awards for his great contributions to the world of technology.
          Steve Jobs is an extremely intelligent man when it comes to technology and computers. He has made many discoveries and helped the business of computers grow. He will always be remembered as one of the people who made it possible for us to use computers each and every day of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. My mom always hated Steve Jobs because he made iTunes such a difficult catastrophe to work with. I don't know if he actually set the limits and rules, but that's what my mom told me. She also gave a metaphor.

    iTunes is like a man that offers you a cake. He makes it look all pretty and fantastic, but as soon as you take a bite, he puts a gun to your head and dares you to swallow

    ReplyDelete