Sunday, May 29, 2011

Goodbye to Junior High

Every Sunday night when I sit down to write my blog I dream about the last time I will ever have to brainstorm an idea and write 500 words about a topic. Now that it's here I feel like bawling my eyes out like a baby. Saying goodbye is so much harder than I anticipated. It's crazy to think that these last three months or so I haven't been able to contain my excitement about leaving junior high and going on to big, bad Davis High. I didn't ever really think about saying goodbye to the things I would be leaving behind. I always knew from the beginning of junior high that I would have to say farewell to my fellow Falcons that were going to Layton. It didn't hit me until Friday night when I had some friends over at my house, and a few of them are going to Layton.

While we were having such a good time and bonding together I thought, "Will it ever be the same after we split and say goodbye?" Just thinking about this makes me really nervous. My very best friend since seventh grade is going to Layton and I know we will stay friends because we spend every weekend together. But then there are those who I don't see very often, but I've gotten used to see them in the halls on the way to my classes. I want to keep seeing those people, but who knows if I ever will? Hopefully, I will make an effort to keep in contact with those amazing friends with whom I have shared so many memories.

Now I would like to say goodbye to those people who are in Honors English. I am so happy that I chose to take on the challenge of Honors English. It's turned out to be more of an enjoyable experience than it has a burden to be a part of this class. When I heard that we would have to write 500 words every week, I thought I was going to die. But it looks like I've made it out in one piece without any horrible scars and bruises. I've gotten to know a lot of people that I wouldn't have met otherwise through this class, and I'm so grateful for that opportunity. Thank you everyone who helped me become a better writer from the beginning of the year. So many people helped me stay up with everything and I appreciate it so much.

I loved the books that we were assigned to read throughout this year. I can't even pick a favorite. A Tale of Two Cities was quite a challenge for me, but I made it work by reading 11.5 pages per day. I am so proud that I stuck with them and never gave up even when I wanted to rip my hair out.

I agree with Brigitte about continuing to write our weekly blog entries. I think it will help us stay in touch as we go on to high school and get busier. I also think it's fun to have a place where I can write about anything I want, whenever I want. My writing might gradually go down hill if I quit writing over the summer, so I plan on continuing with my blog entries.

It has been such an honor to be a part of this class, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in this great program. I've loved sharing this experience with all of you. And most of all, thank you Mr. Thompson for spending all the time and hard work to make this class a joy and a great learning experience. Good luck to everyone in the future! I am glad to say that Honors English and the whole experience of junior high have "changed me for the better," and I thank you all for that.

1 comment:

  1. Your post was so well thought through. I've really enjoyed keeping track of you through your blog. I have been so privileged to get to know you and be your friend. Don't change, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete