Sunday, March 6, 2011

The shrieking sounds that are often heard at the Sargent household

It seems like whenever someone asks me to write anything about a certain person I always end up choosing my little sister Kate. I remember in English at the beginning of the year, Mr. Thompson asked us to write something about an interesting person that we knew well. Kate somehow pops into my brain when I think of people that are interesting and definitely unique. Then again she came into my thoughts when we wrote poems in English about a month ago. I made the decision to write my poem about my uncommon sister that I have the opportunity to spend time with each and every waking hour. I spent some time coming up with words that rhymed, and then wrote it out into poetry form. My dad helped with some of the rhyming patterns one night, and Kate came up and asked us what we were doing. Don't worry, we were pretty sneaky, and I don't believe she suspected anything, and she probably never will. That's just the kind of person she is; once she know that is has nothing to do with her, she's not interested and completely checks out and clues back into her own world. She is very adorable at times, but you will now see why she can be a tad difficult to share the same space with this little girl.

My deafening little sister Kate,
 You could never call her a bore.
She's been shrieking every second
Since the moment she was born.

Kate is weeping and she's wailing
About every little thing.
Since she's making noise so often,
Simply, we've stopped asking.

She roars when she if full of rage,
At times she weeps in sorrow;
No matter what the crisis is,
It won't be fixed tomorrow.

What to expect from a 7-year old?
She rarely thinks rationally;
Sometimes things make sense in her head,
If not, she's heard nationally.

I would cry too if I dropped my spoon
 Well doesn't it make sense?
"She doesn't shriek when it's time to eat,"
 It's been said in her defense.

Although she often causes problems
And stirs up a mess each day;
Her blonde curls and blue eyes are charming
And in your heart she will stay.


Not only does she shriek about a lot of things, but she can also be heard around the house while she is singing to her High School Musical. She loves to exercise her strong vocal cords especially with her beautiful singing voice. I'm convinced that she will be the next Hannah Montana with her voice and acting abilities. 

As I'm writing this right now, what do you think she's doing? You got it, she's yelling at the top of her lungs at my sister, who still hasn't heard her after five minutes of constant shouting. However, even though she can be the biggest pain in the world at times, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. When she isn't busy whining about something, she is so sweet. She leaves me darling little notes all around my room that brighten up my day. What can I say, our family just wouldn't be the same without Kate.

1 comment:

  1. Your sister reminds me of my brother a little. He's not always yelling and shrieking, but he over-reacts a lot.

    Oh, and you know that Miley Cyrus was caught taking drugs right?

    ReplyDelete